Drip Irrigation efficiently delivers water to the root zone of your plants.
This is done by having water drip slowly from emission devices, most commonly called “drip emitters” or “drippers”.
- Conserve Water - Drip irrigation provides efficient watering by supplying water where it is needed - at the very roots of the plants. As a result, water is not wasted on evaporation in the air, leaves or soil where there are no plants. This significantly reduces evaporation and run off. Both are common with traditional irrigation systems where the water is often supplied at a rate greater than the soil can absorb it.
- Reduce Weeds- Drip irrigation applies water to the root zone of your plants, the spaces in between plants remain dry. This greatly inhibits weed seed germination and weed growth. If the soil remains dry, most seeds will not germinate. Garden maintenance takes less time with drip irrigation. In addition, by suppressing weeds you also help to retain your soil fertility because weeds steal nutrition that otherwise would be used by plants.
- Reduce Disease- Watering leaves on plants can lead to disease and insect pressure to your garden. Drip irrigation waters only the root zone and greatly reduces plant insects and diseases.
- Reduce Plant Stress - When plants get deep, consistent watering, they thrive. Inefficient, shallow watering can contribute to plant stress. Promote healthy growth and disease resistance plants in your garden with drip.
- Extremely Flexible Application - You have many options with drip irrigation tubing, fittings, and emitters. As your garden changes from season to season the drip system can easily be adapted.
- Save Time & Money - Once a drip irrigation system is installed, you will use less water to irrigate. You will no longer need to hand water your garden. Automate you system with an irrigation controller and eliminate the need to pay someone to while are on vacation. With the reduction of plant disease and unwanted weeds, your gardening labor and maintenance costs will also drop considerably.